The church of Santa Maria della Bassanella (11th century)
In a prominent site in the Bassano neighborhood, this chapel was consecrated in 1098. The church first belonged to the Benedictines of the San Nazaro and San Celso monastery, then passed to the Olivetans of Santa Giustina of Padua. At the fall of the Venetian Republic in 1797, the church was put under the jurisdiction of the bishop of Verona. In 1836, after cholera epidemic that took the lives of 135 Soave residents in less than two months, as a thank you for the prayed for intercession, the decision was made to rebuild the church. The project was given to the engineer Antonio Zanella. April 9th, 1837, the remains of the old church were knocked down, thus erasing an 800 year heritage. The current Doric style, is very distant from the original architecture. The façade was moved from the west to the north side, facing a piazza looking out on the lower Tramigna valley.
Legend ties the church to an apparition of Mary in the nearby Ponsara valley. According to tradition, the statue of Mary found at the site of the apparition, was brought to the current location of the church, to great acclamation of the people. The inside contains decorative structures and paintings of value. Particularly noteworthy is the fresco of Mary on the ceiling, by Soave painter Adolfo Mattielli.