Francesco Morone was a student under his father Domenico and emulated Paolo Morando Cavazzola, with whom he studied. He carried on the tradition of the Verona School, even though he also felt the influence of the innovators, such as Carpacci from Venice. Francesco was able to infuse his work with a high level of color and of grace, for which art history has placed him at a higher level than that of his master. He began his work in collaboration with other painters. In 1476 he added his signature next to that of his father’s, on an altarpiece for the Franciscan convent at Arco. Later he worked independently, and his work grew and perfected itself, to the point that every church in Verona sought to beautify itself with his art, and many art galleries around Italy and the world display his paintings.
Of note is the altarpiece he painted in 1529 for the church of San Rocco (and now transferred to the parish church for fear of it being stolen). Francesco Morone was very religious.
His wish was to be buried in a Franciscan habit in the church of San Bernardino, next to his father who had died a few years earlier.