The church of San Giorgio (13th century)
This recently restored church (in 2004), was built around the year 1200 in the simple style wanted by the Franciscan Fathers. It can be found in Borgo Covergnino, on the road that leads to Monteforte d’Alpone. An ancient bas-relief on the façade represents Saint George on horseback killing the dragon. The frescoes in the church have worn away or were destroyed, particularly when the church was turned into a lazaretto for quarantining the sick when the plague of 1630 hit Soave. A rib of a prehistoric animal hangs from the ceiling of the church.