Situated in the center of the medieval town, next to Piazza dell’Antenna, Palazzo Cavalli was built in 1411 by Nicolò Cavalli, Captain of Soave. Cavalli was son of the famous warrior Giacomo, to whom the Venetian Republic gave the title of “noble Venetian and family founder”. The building is in quintessential Venetian-gothic style, with ogive-arced, trilobed windows, and a loggia below.
In the renaissance-style triple window, bas-reliefs can be found on the central columns, picturing a lizard and a scorpion. These tied into the theme of the frescoes on the façade, which are not visible anymore.
The front of the bulding was once painted with mythological subjects, by Giovanni Maria Falconetto da Verona. A record of the frescoes exists in a painting by Pietro Nanin, conserved within the building, which shows the façade how it used to appear.
In a geometric design around the windows were boxes showing the labors of Hercules, which was a common theme in various houses around Verona in that period.